Thursday, October 06, 2005

Ming Wah

Good Morning. Just finished my latest Knitted Babe. Her name is Ming Wah. She is knit from Paton baby yarn. The yarn was very stretchy so it allowed a lot of stuffing. The little girly is a bit on the chubby side. Oh well, not everyone is thin. Lord knows I'm not. I had a hard time deciding how to make her eyes. I embroidered them. I like how they turned out. I knit her hair as I went along, rather than adding it to her head when she was all finished. This way she has no scalp showing. Only two days until DH & I fly off to Indiana to visit our DS and his wife and the "granddog". Oh that reminds me, we need to get some dog treats to take with us. I figure that is a good way to suck up to the dog - with goodies. Maybe a squeeky toy also, if we can find something fun. Been trying to decide what to take with me on the plane to keep me busy. It will probably be a small knitting project. Maybe I'll make a knit baby. I have a pattern I've been wanting to try but just haven't gotten to it yet. I crocheted a cute baby doll a while back and just made him a vest and hat. He is at the top of the page. His name is Earl. Couldn't figure out how to get his pix farther down the page. Have to work on that. My boss is gone all day today. That will give me time to get my desk all straightened up before we go on vacation. We'll leave for the airport on Sat. morning about 4am. We're going to take a taxi, rather than park our car at the airport. I think it will be less expensive that way. Our friend Edie will be house/cat sitting for us. Our crazy cat Ranger Bob will only eat canned food so someone needs to be at the house to feed him. Edie will get to try out the new beds we got for the extra bedroom. We really appreciate her doing this for us. Having someone at the house and feeding the cats is a big worry off our minds. Thats it for today. I'll be gone til Wed. of next week. Take care of each other.

No comments: