Saturday, August 09, 2008

Garage Sale

This weekend (Fri-Sun) is the annual garage sale here where we live. Not everyone participates but its advertised in the local fish-wrap and in the fish-wrap acros the state line. We decided to take part this year. I went thru MUCH STUFF collecting for the sale. We only had a few big things - 2 bikes, 2 chest of drawers, 2 lawn chairs, 2 small tvs, a VERY heavy doll house and lots of misc crap. The sale started at 9am on Friday. I didn't sleep AT ALL Thurs. evening and finally got out of bed at 4:30 am on Friday. My mind was buzzing and wouldn't let me sleep. About 6am I started taking things out to the driveway, and I was all ready to SELL when 9am arrived. I'm sorry I didn't take pix - didn't think of it until just this morning. But there were lots of lookers and buyers. I had a lot of things marked at 25c so there was a brisk business. I didn't spend any $ at other sales near me, but did do a bit of trading with one neighbor. She got a couple of knitting books from me and I got a couple of recipe books from her. When it was all over, I didn't have a whole lot left to try to sell on Sat. & Sun. My neighbor offered to try to sell what I had left and said just put it in her driveway (so I did). I have to work Sat. & Sun. so this was very kind of her. When all was said and done (not counting what might be made Sat, Sun) the grand total for Fri. was $268. WooHoo! I was amazed, pleased and pretty well chuffed! Thank you shoppers!

1 comment:

Monkimom said...

My Hubs and I love yard sales and have several of our own each year.
Glad you had many buyers and a great sale. Congrats:)