Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.
-
After the turkey dinner DH and I and our dog Harry went for a walk along the Columbia River. It was quite brisk and just what we needed after lunch. In fact we had a pretty heavy frost this morning. Made me think of a house we passed yesterday. They had a huge persimmon tree in the front yard. It had no leaves but was covered in lovely bright orange persimmons. It was all I could do not to go begging at their door. Persimmons make wonderful cookies. I've heard they are better after the first frost so they should be perfect now.
-
Do you like tea - well really, herbal tea? I've never liked tea or coffee but recently tried herbal tea and was pleasantly surprised with all the wonderful flavors that are out there. I've been stocking up on some that sound good. I've tried nearly all of them and what wonderful flavors. I got a box of Celestial Seasonings Tangerine Orange and in the box was a 2-bag sample of Madagascar Vanilla Red herbal tea. Its made with Rooibos (roy boss) from South Africa. Wow, was that good! That gives me another flavor to search for. Now I can be like everyone else out there - carrying around my "cup of something" to drink.
-
This afternoon I finished up wrapping Christmas gifts and got all the out-of-town boxes packed and ready to UPS after the first of the month. I'm so happy to have that taken care of. Only thing left is to send a few Christmas cards and I even have stamps.
-
As you can see everyone is present and ship-shape - saying TTFN. See you soon.

No comments: